Monday, May 18, 2009

Star Trek was teh awesome :D

Yeah, the movie rocked. Excellent stuff. Not to say it's perfect. There were a couple of things that kinda bugged me. First was the Deux ex Machina moments. There's been plenty of those throughout the various TV series and movies but that doesn't excuse its use. The second was the potential romance between certain key characters. That one kinda came way out of left field. Still, it was a great movie and deserves watching on the big screen! While the movie use modern day special effects, the look both inside and outside the spaceships have this feeling I can only define as "old school". I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

On a related note, I caught this Yahoo article about some guy's rant about "fake" IMAX which in turn got me interested in watching the Star Trek IMAX. The one "true" IMAX in Houston would be the Edwards MarqE on I-10. This seems to be the last week of airing so I'll need to be quick if I'm going to catch the IMAX version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts