Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Busou Shinki Eukrante review and Fort Bragg Dusk

Wow, almost a month since I first posted about my Fort Bragg and Eukrante purchase. It's time I posted some pics.

IMG_3534w

IMG_3538w

Fort Bragg Dusk

Eukrante

I tried a lightbox style backdrop for the first several pics. Got bored of it though so I went without it for the later pics. Dunno, it really didn't seem to make much difference IMO. :P Of couse, it doesn't help that I'm doing this method all sorts of wrong.

Eukrante

Fort Bragg Dusk

Eukrante
Thought I'd brush up my speech bubble skills while I was at it. :P

Eukrante
Full armor Eukrante. The design of her boots and the weight of her backpack make it difficult for her to stand. You need to make sure her heels are fully swung back and you can adjust the angle of her wings to change her center of gravity. Having her hold her weapons also helps.

Eukrante

Eukrante

Eukrante
Eukrante's armor in weapon mode. I attached the wings to counter the weapon's weight otherwise she'd fall over forwards. :P

Eukrante

Eukrante
Main annoyance #1: Not much room to get the hand around the handles. If that's not bad enough, pretty much any of Eukrante's modes that involves Eukrante holding this gun require you to attach the hand to the gun first before attaching everything else because everything else get's in the way of attaching the hand to the gun. :P

Ianeria's gun handle
Contrast with Ianeria's gun handle which is much easier to use. Not only is there more room to fit the fingers around the handle but the handle itself is detachable.

Eukrante
Eukrante's armor in mecha bird mode.

Eukrante
Annoyance #2: Although you can have Eukrante hang from the bird, there's not enough room for her to freely hang unless you angle the bird up on the stand and even then you still have to bend her arms and/or legs for her to hang properly.

Eukrante
If there was a way to hang the bird, it might look better.

Eukrante
Annoyance #3: In fact, none of the ways that Eukrante can ride the bird really looks that great if looked at from the wrong angle. It's a big difference from Ianeria, who can pretty much lay on her fish without much of a fuss since the fish mode is long enough to support her body. Here, it just looks painful for Eukrante.

Eukrante
I tried a sitting position. Uh, that just looks so wrong...

Eukrante
Um, yeah. Let's just pretend we didn't see that... Probably just need to find an altogether different way to have Eukrante ride the bird. :P

As far as my overall thoughts on Eukrante, her armored mode is arguably one of the better looking ones among Shinki figures but compared to Ianeria, she falls short in variety of weapons and play options. I also hate that her sword/guns are so difficult to put on. Her normal face has a odd shape to her mouth area that may put off some people. I have to say I was initially disappointed, however, considering her on her own merits, she isn't too bad.

Let's move on to Fort Bragg Dusk.
Fort Bragg Dusk
Bragg with her body armor on. Frankly, I'm not a fan of this type of armoring at all as it's finicky and prone to move all around especially the wrist parts. I don't plan to use the wrist parts at all after this.

Fort Bragg Dusk
Bragg with full backpack on along with Zelnograd. I forgot to take a back pic of Bragg. orz

Fort Bragg Dusk
Artillery mode. Frankly, I'm not a fan of this mode as it's rather unstable. To me, it seems like a mode just for the sake of it.

Fort Bragg Dusk
Fortunately, the leg has other uses. If you're into the classic mecha musume style, Bragg's got you covered in this area. :D

That's about it for now. I'll take a few more Bragg pictures and give a final summary of her as post pictures of yet another Shinki at a later time.

I'll end the post with this pic.
Fort Bragg Dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts