Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Logitech V550

I've been searching for a wireless mouse for the past week and bought and returned 3 mouses before setting on a Logitech V550. I've found that for me, someone with really big hands, a small mouse is no good as well as a mouse with a thumb grip on both sides (a dedicated right-hand mouse would be fine, OTOH). I went with this mouse becasue it was somewhat normal shaped and it happened to be on sale at Fry's for $30. I kinda wanted a mouse with extra buttons but I think the hyper scroll wheel was a decent tradeoff. It's also nice that it has a micro-sized receiver which can be stored inside the mouse, a super-long battery life, an optional docking clip to hook the mouse onto, and an actual on/off button. I had to download the drivers to get it working with my PC but this seems to be unique to my PC as all the wireless mouse I've tried needed the dedicated driver software to work on it. OTOH, my netbook seems to be able to use them straight out of the box which is apparently how they're supposed to work. Hopefully the mouse will work out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts