Friday, October 23, 2009

A reason I like my iPod Touch: potentially one of many?

I'm driving my mother today and she wants to visit Super H Mart, a Korean supermarket in Houston. Unfortunately, she forgot exactly where it is and I've only been there a couple times and couldn't be bothered to remember where either. So we make a quick stop at a library which happens to be in the general direction the supermarket should be and I whip out the iPod. It instantly connects to the library's wifi network and I launch the Maps app and type "super h-mart". It instantly brings up the map with the location marked; I tap on it and up comes the address info including ph # and website even. 1 tap saves it to Contacts and another couple of taps draws up a potential route from where we're at to the supermarket. If this had been an iPhone, we wouldn't even need to make that stop at the library since there's 3G connection. It's like straight out of the Apple commercials. They've really made a great PDA/smartphone product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts