Saturday, May 2, 2020

Junk review: Authentics Bravo Ratchet, Deluxe Animated Soundwave


I'm gonna switch gears just for a minute and short review something rather new; Authentics Bravo Ratchet. It and Authentics Alpha Soundwave came out shortly just as the COVID-19 pandemic started and I was able to score them before hunkering down. Ratchet is, in a word, junk; he looks all right just standing but the big problem is his arm kibbles seriously get in the way of posing. Any attempt to pose him in something other than a generic standing pose will require some time and patience; definitely not a good "action" figure.


You can kinda get him to do an uppercut but even that is a huge pain.


Vehicle mode is a toy-ish looking ambulance. The front and back doesn't lock together so there's a semi-permanent gap.



Let's move onto Transformers Animated Deluxe Soundwave. Playing around with the robot mode, I'm kinda reminded of a butler. A quiet, combat butler. No? Anyways. He has digigrade-ish legs although he seems to have a wide enough feet. Actually, I'm not even sure I have the feet transformed correctly here. 😅 His arms are starting to have a slight warp to them due to them being all thin and then thrown into a toy bin. Part of his chest separates to become a drone bird.


Soundwave's alt-mode is a drone plane. Due to transformation, you can separate the lower part of the "head" to form a makeshift mouth which I used as the main point in one of my photocomics. I found it kinda fun.

Looks like I'm going to go through each box of toys I run across and decide if I keep it or not. So far, it's all junk but I see a few on the bottom of my current box that I might actually keep. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts