Saturday, September 5, 2020

Universal Unit Gundam GP01fb ver. B



I've opened this up maybe 2-3 years ago but it's only now that I'm actually putting this together. This Bandai shokugan is called Universal Unit. It's hard to define this because it's part pre-assembled, part putting together yourself. 


The standard selling blurb I guess? I remember back in the 80's when all we had was a little sticker sheet to decorate a shokugan model that was entirely a single color. How times have changed.


The line up. Each model have 2 variations in the included weapons except Wing Gundam. The one I'm working on is GP01fb B version which includes a long rifle and a (unmentioned) beam saber.


Package contents.


Instructions are printed inside the box.


A Picture of one of the runners.


The parts that require assembly are the arms...


And the legs.


The parts that come pre-assembled: The head & body, back pack, and thruster pods.


Completed model. Put a Lego for size comparison. Roughly 2 minifigs tall.


Included sticker sheet. I didn't bother with it because the stickers would wind up ruining the look rather than enhancing the model. 


With beam sabler and long beam rifle.




You'll barely make it out if you zoom into the picture but they did paint the eyes; it's just really, really small. I wanted to do another shokugan or plastic model but this was the last model-related item I did before I got cleared to work again so looks like I'm not going to have the time until I clear up my evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts