Friday, April 24, 2020

Be politically active if you can

So...we're in the middle of a coronavirus pandemic. Hope everyone's doing well. As an active voter in the US, I find it difficult to talk about current events and news without going into the political aspects as well. Back before I became an active voter, it was easy to harbor the thinking of maintaining a neutral stance and I understand that a lot of people whose blog I visit and/or follow on Twitter maintain that view. I'll straight out and say that it's a naive point of view because politicians that are in power, regardless of whether you helped put him/her there, will affect aspects of your daily life including the chances of you getting sick or die from the pandemic. If you follow news at all, you'll know that certain countries have weathered the coronavirus better than others. Unfortunately, the US and UK are some of the ones faring worse and one of the leading reasons for that has been that the political leaders of each respective country tried to pass off this disease as if it's a mild thing and never quite took it seriously. Well, the fact that one of them actually fell ill to the disease sure changed their perspective, no? Of course, it's far too late to improve the situation at that point. 😒

So back to my point, take an active interest in the news and make sure your source is one you can trust like NPR, Reuters, BBC. And even then, take things with a bit of salt, even more so if it's from some place you've never heard of. Unfortunately, enemies of the common good have taken to fabricating lies and half-truths to influence those who are easily mislead and they seemed to have done quite a good job seeing how fucked up the US has become since Trump became president. MAGA indeed. SMH

Me? I guess I'm doing okay. I'm working as usual since my work is considered "essential". My bro gets to work from home but not sure how stable his position is since the oil industry has completely gone south earlier this week. I guess I'm done ranting for now. Hopefully, I'll have something more normal to post next time, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts