Sunday, July 19, 2020

Current status


So anyone who follows me on Twitter should know I got COVID-19. I'm at the end of my 4th week and I'd say I'm 80-90% recovered. Probably be another week or 2 before I'm fully out of it. I suspect I got covid from my mother, who I currently live with (just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm the one supporting her, not the other way around :P), but that's a conjecture at best and there's no way to be sure how I got it. Fortunately, it seems my mother is one of those asymptomatic people who don't have any symptoms despite having the disease. My own symptoms, while fairly severe at the beginning, don't involve the usual symptoms like fever, difficulty breathing, and severe coughing. Mine involve hallucinations, headache/nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, partial loss of my taste receptors, sore joints, loss of energy/stamina, dry mouth, and just a occasional mild cough. My symptoms started with severe diarrhea and initially me and my doctor though it was some stomach virus/flu. But a week later, I started suffering severe headache and hallucinations as well so my doctor sent me to an ER where I was diagnosed with covid. Probably the most disconcerting thing for me was that everything started tasting weird and there was an ever-present smell that I had dubbed "the covid smell". Right now, my remaining symptoms are the occasional cough and taste. My taste has mostly recovered but up to a week ago, combination pizza still tasted somewhat off to me. I plan to have another one this weekend and if I can enjoy the combination pizza this time, that will mean my taste pretty much fully recovered.

Me having covid meant that I got kicked out of work. Fortunately, it's government related so I'm unlikely to be fired from it but it will take a while before I'm re-instated. This also means I get a lot of free time in the meantime so I've been using it to go through my room and start weeding out stuff I no longer want and stuff I've yet to open. This is reflected in my recent blog activity being much busier than it's been in a while now and likely will continue until I'm working again.


One of the things my recent activities have made me realize is that I really do need to make my posts immediately after taking my pictures and that I need to take my pics as I go through my unopened stuff. One of the things I recently opened is LBX Z-mode Ikaros Force and Zero. Those interested can check out peaugh's review below.


Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of my unboxing and it turns out the set was a bit much for me and once I went through it, I wasn't in the mood to take any pictures which I normally do after unboxing so all I have are the pictures of the front and back of the box and a pic of the bots on the shelf.



Frankly, I'm only interested in Ikaros Force's weapon mode because that one is a huge ass sword compared to Zero which is a couple of much shorter, less impressive curved blades. If I get around to doing it, I'll post another picture but this is pretty much it for now. 😑

2 comments:

  1. Ah i just knew about this(your twitter status mixed with political crap these days ;P)but i notice when you wrote tested negative and clear, glad you recovered :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sorry for the "political crap". 😛 But it wouldn't be there if I didn't feel it was important or feel so strongly about it. It's not hyperbole to say that Trump was indirectly responsible for the hundred thousands of lives lost due to covid-19 in my country. His selfishness, irresponsibility, and sheer incompetence helped led to USA's current situation so yeah you won't be seeing an end to my Trump-bashing anytime soon. 😅

      Delete

Popular Posts