Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Predacons Rising Abominus set


Roughly a week ago, I found the Transformers Prime Predacons Rising Abominus set under my bed. So I promptly opened it up and did a quick one. Apparently Abominus is the combined form of these 5 Predacons we see here. This is a legion class combiner btw so they're small. We'll go over them later.


I'm gonna start right away with the big guy himself. Abominus has trouble standing straight due to the way his legs are. They get in each other's way and so there's no way for Abominus to look good on the shelf. Frankly he's just a bonus mode.


A somewhat better angle and look here.


And a look at his back side. However you look at him, he looks like a mess. No proper arms and legs.



Abominus comes with a set of 5 weapons which can be combined into a single one. He can wield it like some sort of double crossbow weapon.


Or he can hold it like some sort of staff. Since the hands can only fit the small stems, you can't have Abominus hold the staff properly and can only hold it at the top as seen here.


Let's do a closer look at the individual bots. Here we have from the left, Windrazor, Hun-Gurrr (yup, that's really how they spelled it), and Twinstrike. HG forms the body and head while the other two forms the arms of Abominus. The arms can be switched left and right but can't switch places with the legs.


And here we have Rippersnapper and Blight who form the legs. All of them have fairly decent enough robot modes I think.


As mentioned, there's 5 weapons. However, the manual doesn't assign the weapons to anyone so it's up to you to decide who gets what. In my case, the arms gets the bowguns, the legs get the hammers, and the body gets the swordgun.


Let's go over the alt-modes. Here we start to see who's the better figure by how good their monster modes are and it runs from "pretty spiffing good" to "WTF am I looking at?" All of them can hold their weapons by their mouths and some have an extra port or two from which to mount the weapons as well.


We're going to start with my favorite, Windrazor. No complaints here, his alt-mode is perfectly stable and looks pretty good.


Next up is Hun-Gurrr, one of the 2 double-headed monsters in the set.


And the other double-headed monster, Twinstrike. They're both tied for my 2nd place favorite. Twinstrike looks better but HG just seems to work better for some reason, IMO anyways.


Here we have Blight. I really don't like how his fists just sticks out of his foot. Would be the worst if not for the next guy.


And finally Rippesnapper. Seriously, WTF is this supposed to be??? Looks like they tried to create a monster and kinda gave up halfway. Definitely the worst of the bunch.

And there we have it. Not sure if I'm keeping this set. Might keep Windrazor but the rest are kinda iffy in one way or another, especially the last two.


2 comments:

  1. under the bed lol well now I want to see your room, i imagine it filled up with toy boxes all over the place XD they all have decent robot and animal mode, But I will never like their clear parts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not...that bad...I think. I've been making headwind into my room especially where Transformers are concerned; most of those boxes are now gone. I'll post one corner of my room on Twitter; its kinda chaotic.

      I don't mind clear parts as long as they don't get in the way of the toy. I've yet to have any real problem that involve clear parts but I did have past problems with a few chrome-plated toys. Basically the chrome started flaking off and caused quite a mess.

      Delete

Popular Posts